alright folks, i'm thinking bakesale for japan
on saturday, april 2nd
. i'm gonna work with sylvan
to find the right organization to donate proceeds to.
who's with me?
i'll need bakers, cooks, graphic designers, PR peeps, volunteers, and lots of customers to make it big.
let's see if we can break bakesale for haiti's
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help, and make sure to let me know what your skillz are!
10:32 pm--edited to add:
Here's what I know so far:
Please keep an eye on my twitter (@ciaosamin) and blog (ciao samin) for periodic updates.
- It will be on Saturday, 4/2
- We now have three locations:
- Oakland: Pizzaiolo
- Berkeley: Gioia
- San Francisco: BiRite Market
- You DO NOT have to be a professional cook/baker to participate!
- If you are donating goods from a certified/licensed food business, you are welcome to label the goods with your logo/identity if you wish.
- Individually wrapped treats,packaged dozens and half-dozens, as well as whole cakes/pies/tarts/loaves etc. are preferred (rather than a basket of cookies meant to be sold one by one)
- Bake as much as you like! The more stuff we have to sell, the better! We literally cannot have too many baked goods.
- Gluten-free/ dairy-free/ vegan items are welcome and should be clearly labeled as such.
- All items must be delivered with a complete list of ingredients, as well as an item name.
- Please plan to deliver your goods in containers you will not need returned.
- If you'd like to donate a non-food item, such as artwork, a gift certificate, etc, please email me with specifics
- I will also need quite a few volunteers to help organize, collect, and distribute baked goods, as well as work the sales, so if you're not into baking, let me know if you want to help in this way.
- Japanese specialties such as mochi and other delicacies are more than welcome.
- We sell everything by suggested donation, so the more delicious/special the items, and the nicer the packaging/presentation, the more money we can get! Please keep this in mind (i.e. no cake mixes and regular old rice krispie treats, please).
When I get a flier made sometime this week, I will be sending it to all of you to help spread the word!
Tell all of your friends! We cannot have too many volunteer bakers, and we certainly cannot have too many patrons!!!